This delicious Pad Thai recipe is served with a medley of raw vegetables instead of the traditionally cooked variety. The sauce is a nutty cashew sauce with a tangy citrus and ginger flavour! Prepare the noodles served hot or enjoy this dish cold. Serve with grilled shrimp skewer or grilled chicken breast.
Cookin' Greens Tarami Pad Thai
- 3 cups (300g) of Cookin' Greens Chopped Kale or Spinach ( frozen)
- 12 oz. (340 g) kelp noodles or brown rice noodles
- 2 cups purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped (reserve a little for garnish)
- 1 cup bean sprouts (washed/pat dry)
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 inch ginger root
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 red chili pepper, chopped
- 1-2 dates, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp tamari
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 10 coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- In a large skillet, from frozen, add Cookin’ Greens and follow stove-top preparation instructions on package. Set aside to cool.
- Shred purple cabbage and carrot. Chop green onion and cilantro. Wash bean sprouts.
- In a large pot boil water. Cook kelp noodles or brown rice noodles according to package instructions.
- Add all dressing ingredients to blender and puree until smooth, about 60 seconds.
- In a large serving bowl, add all ingredients, pour dressing on top. Mix well.
- Squeeze a few wedges of fresh lime on top prior to serving.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Low Calorie
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Cookin' Greens http://cookingreens.com/