Egg and delicious greens including artichoke hearts make the filling of these high in protein Mega Muffins.
They are satisfying enough for a breakfast option in addition to making a great appetizer! These muffins can be wrapped and refrigerated for a day or frozen for a week.
Cookin’ Greens Egg & Veggie Mega Muffins
- 1/2 cup (50g) any Cookin’ Greens product
- 5 mushrooms, (25-35g) chopped
- 1/4 each red & orange bell pepper, (90g) diced (any colour can be used)
- 5 asparagus spears, (30g) chopped, remove ends
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) chopped parsley
- 1 hot pepper (opt.)
- 5 eggs
- 1 tbsp. (15ml) EVOO
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk, rice, almond or dairy milk
- 6 8″ whole wheat roti or tortilla wraps
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sauté all vegetables, hot pepper and seasonings for 5 min until softened. Remove, cool to touch. Meanwhile make the roti/tortilla rounds smaller by 1″ using a scissor to cut around it. Whisk the eggs and milk together.
- Place 6 paper muffin liners spaced out in a 12 muffin tin, not next to one another. This will catch any spills if the rot/tortilla soaks through.
- Gather the roti/tortilla from the middle, pinch in sides to fit muffin liners. Roti will be taller.
- Distribute vegetables in each muffin and top with eggs.
- Bake at 350 ﾟF for 30min. Eggs should be not quite cooked as they will continue cooking while cooling. Serve and Enjoy!
- Low Calorie: ** load up on veggies
- Gluten Free: ** Use gluten free tortillas
- Dairy Free: ** Use alternative milk
Cookin' Greens http://cookingreens.com/