This soup is rich and creamy, without being too heavy. The subtle mint lightens up the soup and adds a refreshing quality. Serve with diced chirizo, sausage or smoked ham. We also enjoy topping this dish with a few red pepper chili flakes.
Cookin' Greens Minty Kale, Sweet Corn and Peas Soup
- 1 bag (300g) of Cookin' Greens Organic Kale, Corn & Peas (frozen)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ cream or coconut milk
- 2 cans (14oz) white cannellini beans
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped (garnish)
- 1/4 cup sour cream *
- Salt and pepper
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- In large pot, saute onions in olive oil on medium heat. Cook until onions are translucent. Add Cookin’ Greens and follow stove-top preparation instructions on package.
- Add herbs, salt, and pepper to this mixture.
- Pour in vegetable stock, stir. Reduce heat to low.
- In a separate small pot, on low heat, warm cream/coconut milk then add to soup mixture. Add rinsed canned beans. Simmer soup on low for 5 minutes.
- Once soup is heated through, set to cool. Once cooled slightly, blend for approximately 60 seconds or to desired consistency.
- Serve soup topped with sour cream, chili flakes and chives if you desire.
- Low Calorie
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free : Remove sour cream topping
Cookin' Greens http://cookingreens.com/