This is such a simple dish to prepare but not any less delicious. Enjoy a plate of spaghetti with garlic, onion, olive oil simmered in our greens with a dash of parmesan and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice for some zest!
Cookin' Greens Spaghetti with Braised Kale
- 1 bag (500g) Cookin’ Greens Chopped Kale
- 3 tbsp (45ml) olive oil
- 1 medium onion (100g), finely chopped
- 8 large garlic cloves, 8 tsp, (40ml), thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb spaghetti
- 2 tsp (10ml) fresh lemon juice
- Finely grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt to taste
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add chopped onion, stir to cook until soft and translucent (about 6 minutes).
- Add sliced garlic and sprinkle with salt; cook until onion is golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add Cookin’ Greens Chopped Kale and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and toss until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Cover pot and reduce heat to medium-low. Continue cooking until kale is very tender, stirring occasionally and adding water by teaspoonful if dry, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in medium pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally.
- Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid. Add cooked spaghetti to kale mixture in pot. Add lemon juice and 2 tablespoons reserved cooking liquid; toss to combine, adding more liquid by tablespoonful if dry. Sprinkle spaghetti with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.
- Gluten Free : Use gluten free pasta noodles
- Low Calorie
- Dairy Free : Remove cheese, load up on veggies and add herbs if desired
Cookin' Greens http://cookingreens.com/