WOW is all we can say about this delicious orange and green combination – kale and sweet potato – a match made in heaven! Sweet, savoury and tangy paired with mustard and balsamic vinegar brings out all of the individual ingredients flavour notes without any one too overpowering – a healthy harmony of flavour combinations.
Cookin’ Greens Sautéed Kale, Caramelized Sweet Potato & Wild Rice
- 4 cups (500g/1 bag) of Cookin' Greens Chopped Kale or Spinach (frozen)
- 1 cup of wild rice, or brown rice
- 1.5 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 sweet potato, cubed
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tsp of brown sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp mild Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Pumpkin seeds or almonds, raw
- Salt and pepper
- Cook 1 cup wild rice in low-sodium broth following preparation instruction on package.
- In a large skillet, from frozen, add Cookin’ Green Chopped Kale and/or Spinach and follow stove-top preparation instructions on package. Set aside.
- In large sauté pan, heat olive oil on medium heat; add sweet potato cubes, season with salt and pepper. Sauté until cooked through, about 7 minutes.
- In small mixing bowl, blend together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Add cooked wild rice and sautéed kale to the caramelized sweet potatoes.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette into mixture on stovetop until heated through.
- Serve topped with roasted pumpkin seeds or almonds.
- Low Calorie
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Cookin' Greens http://cookingreens.com/