Creamed spinach is delightful! Paired with a bowl of mash and some roast beef or pulled pork, creamed spinach is a decadent comfort dish. Try this dish using our Chopped Spinach and instead of full cream, we used some milk to keep it a bit lighter. Season simply with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
Cookin' Greens Garlic Creamed Spinach
- 2 cups (200g) Cookin’ Greens Chopped Spinach
- 1 tbsp (15ml) olive oil
- 1 tsp (5ml) butter
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, 2 tsp, (10ml), finely minced
- 1 tbsp (15ml) All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cream
- 1/2 cup (125ml) milk
- 1/8 tsp (1ml) nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the leeks and garlic. Sauté for 3 minutes or until soft .
- Add the Cookin’ Greens Chopped Spinach and sauté for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add flour. Stir to combine. Add cream, milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper
- Simmer for 3 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free : Use an almond beverage instead of cream and milk
Cookin' Greens http://cookingreens.com/