A unique yet simple lasagna recipe. The healthy combination of greens, pumpkin and ricotta cheese make this lasagna stand out from most. Light & creamy layered along with a zesty tomato sauce. A moist and luscious hearty dish the whole family will enjoy.
Cookin’ Greens Kale & Pumpkin Lasagna
- 1 bag (500g ) of Cookin' Greens Chopped Kale and /or Spinach (frozen )
- 2 cans (15 oz each) 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 2 containers (14oz) Ricotta Cheese (whole milk, soft)*
- 1 cup marinara sauce (store bought)
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 box (16 ounces) whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped
- 2 cups Mozzarella, shredded*
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet, from frozen, add Cookin’ Greens and follow stove-top preparation instructions on package. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine ricotta, pumpkin puree and nutmeg in a bowl. Season with salt, pepper and sage. Stir until well combined.
- In a large pot boil water. Cook whole wheat lasagna noodles according to package instructions.
- To assemble, place 3 large tbsp. of the marinara on the bottom of a 9” by 9” inch non-stick baking dish. Add your first layer of noodles, then ricotta mixture, Cookin’ Greens, about ½ cup of marinara sauce, and about ½ cup of shredded mozzarella. Continue with layers; twice more or until you have run out of each ingredient. Top with remaining shredded mozzarella, chopped parsley and chili flakes if you desire.
- Low Calorie
- Gluten Free : Use gluten free lasagna noodles
COOKIN' GREENS http://cookingreens.com/