Naturally creamy and comforting, everyone enjoys a good potato soup. This is a simple and easy to prepare dish and with the added kale, it’s also nutritious! This soup happens to be low in calories per portion, gluten free, vegetarian and dairy free!
Cookin’ Greens Potato & Kale Soup
- 1 /2 bag (250g) Cookin’ Greens Kale
- 6 medium potatoes cut into 1-inch cubes (about 8 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic , 2 tsp (10ml), minced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups (1 L) water or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp (15ml) nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 cup (125ml) powdered soymilk dissolved in 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp (15ml) miso
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes, garlic, celery, salt, and bay leaf in large pot with water or broth.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Remove bay leaf. Add kale, nutritional yeast, and soymilk powder.
- Mash until smooth. Cover and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in miso and pepper.
- Low Calorie:
- Gluten Free:
- Dairy Free:
Cookin' Greens http://cookingreens.com/