If you are craving breaded chicken, try this recipe! Its simple to make and sits on top of a bed of garlicky dark-leafy greens such as Cookin’ Greens Chopped Spinach or Chopped Kale.
Cookin' Greens Garlicky Breaded Chicken
- 2 cups (200g) Cookin Greens Chopped Spinach or Kale
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 tsp (10ml) garlic, minced
- (1 ½ lb.) or about 2 large boneless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup (60ml) flour
- 2 eggs beaten in a bowl
- ¼ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a 12 inch nonstick skillet. Add Cookin' Greens, salt, pepper, and garlic. Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring often. Place Greens on serving platter, keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in the same skillet. Cut each breast in half. Dredge each half in flour, dip in egg, dredge in bread crumbs.
- Sauté chicken over medium heat, browning on both sides, about 10-15 minutes.
- Place cooked chicken on top of greens.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
- Gluten Free : Use gluten bread bread crumbs
- Low Calorie : Bake chicken instead of frying
- Dairy Free
Cookin' Greens http://cookingreens.com/