The classic cheese and ham combination is never boring, especially wrapped with Cookin’ Greens in a flaky puff pastry.
Great as a holiday appetizer- these pinwheels are bite-size, savory and delicious!
Cookin’ Greens Cordon Blue Pinwheels
- 2 cups (200g) any Cookin’ Greens product
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) EVOO
- 2 cloves garlic, 2 tsp (10ml), minced
- 1 pkg puff pastry
- 1/2 cup (125ml) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (125ml) sour cream
- 4 deli black forest ham slices or chicken slices (3-4oz)
- 1 cup (8oz) shredded cheddar
- Sauté garlic in oil until slightly golden. Add Cookin’ Greens and cook for 5 min
- on med. high heat, tossing to cook and evaporate the liquids. Cool.
- Mix the greens into the mayo and sour cream. Set aside.
- Roll out puff pastry between 2 pieces of lightly floured wax paper to approx. 12″ x 10″ x 1/8″ thickness. Spread the mixture over the puff pastry, to 1″ from the edges
- Place the deli slices over the pastry, slightly overlapping. Sprinkle with cheddar. Roll the long edge away; rolling up the pastry tightly into a log.
- Wrap in one sheet of the wax paper and freeze for 30min. This will make it easier to cut neatly. Cut into 1/2″ slices and place so that the seams are almost touching the next slice. This will keep the pinwheels closed as they expand and bake.
- Bake in a preheated 375ﾟF for 30-40 min on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Low Calorie: **Load up on veggies, try using either cheese or ham
- Dairy Free
Cookin' Greens http://cookingreens.com/