A healthy and satisfying brunch, lunch or dinner idea, our black bean burrito taste delicious with any of our Cookin’ Greens products.
We recommend using our Athlete’s Mix as the white bean and red pepper pairs well with the other ingredients. Add canned black beans as well so you can enjoy your meal in 35 minutes. Freeze leftovers, if there are any…!
Cookin’ Greens Black Bean Burrito
- 2 cups (200g) of any Cookin’ Greens product, we recommend Cookin’ Greens Athlete’s Mix
- 2 tbsp (60 ml) olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, 3 tsp, (15ml) minced
- 1 medium sized red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (120ml) stock or water
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (250ml) mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ½ cup (250ml) sun dried tomatoes, julienned
- 1 tbsp (15ml) lime juice
- ¼ cup (60ml) fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15ml) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground cumin and dried oregano
- 1 14oz can black beans
- 1 cup (250ml) corn kernels
- 8-10 inch flour tortillas
- 1 cup (250ml) Montery Jack or Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups (500ml) salsa of your choice
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic
- and cook for 30 seconds. Add red onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add any Cookin’ Greens product of your choice
- and 1/2 cup of stock or water. Sauté until soft, about 5 minutes. Add red pepper and mushrooms; continue cooking
- for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile cover tomatoes with 1 cup boiling water,
- let sit 8 minutes .Drain and chop finely. Stir into sautéed
- vegetables with lime juice, cilantro, chili powder, cumin
- and oregano. Cook another 3 minutes. Stir in beans and
- corn and cook, stirring until heated through about 3 minutes.
- In another skillet over medium heat: warm tortilla for
- 2 minutes, turning once.
- Place ½ cup of filling down centre of tortilla, leaving
- 1 inch border at bottom and top. Sprinkle with 2 tbsp cheese and 1 tbsp salsa. Fold up bottom and top edges in.
- Fold sides over filling. Repeat with remaining tortillas
- and filling .Place on parchment lined paper baking sheet.
- Add extra cheese and salsa over tortillas. Bake in preheated 300F oven for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
- Low Calorie: ** Use small tortillas and use no or little cheese, load up on veggies!
- Gluten Free: ** Use a gluten-free tortilla
- Dairy Free: ** Use a dairy-free cheese or remove cheese and add more veggies
Cookin' Greens http://cookingreens.com/