A vegetarian inspired recipe that offers a fusion of wonderful flavours including coconut, a subtle hint of curry and nuttiness coming from both the battered tempeh and tahini. Wrap it all up with lots of sautéed greens and away you go!
Cookin' Greens Coconut Tempeh Rolls
- 2 cups (250g) of Cookin' Greens Chopped Kale
- 1 block tempeh or extra firm tofu, chopped into bite sized chucks
- 2/3 cup spelt flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 cup soymilk (or any milk alternative)
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 2-3 tbsp of tahini sauce
- 4-6 whole grain wraps (10"-10")
- In a large skillet, from frozen, add Cookin’ Greens and follow stove-top preparation instructions on package. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine spelt flour, sea salt, baking powder, and curry powder. Slowly add soymilk, water, whisk until smooth. Add shredded coconut.
- Cut tempeh into bite-sized chunks, and place into curry batter, coating each piece well. Let sit in fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a large saucepan heat oil over medium-heat. Gently drop tempeh into oil. Cook tempeh on all sides turning carefully as required until golden brown. Pat dry to remove excess oil.
- To assemble, spread 1 tsp of tamari sauce onto wrap. Add a generous helping of Cookin’ Greens, spread evenly. Top with 4-5 pieces of coconut tempeh. Fold edges of wrap carefully to enjoy.
- Low Calorie
- Gluten Free : Use gluten free wraps and flour
- Dairy Free
Cookin' Greens http://cookingreens.com/