- 1 ½ cups (300g) of any Cookin’ Greens product
- 1 large whole wheat pita
- 3-4 eggs
- ½ cup shredded (120ml) old cheddar or mozzarella
- 2 tbsp of olive oil (30ml)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, heat 2 tbsp (30ml) of olive oil over medium heat. Sauté Cookin’ Greens for 5-7 minutes, until heated through.
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Place pita in a large oven proof skillet, top with cooked Cookin’ Greens. Using the back of a spoon, make small indents in greens for eggs to sit. Crack eggs into each indentation.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until egg whites are set. If bottom is cooking too quickly, turn broiler on and leave oven door open a crack.
- Cook eggs until desired consistency.
- Top with cheese, cook for an additional 2minutes.
- Low Calorie: ** Use 1 egg per person and a low fat cheese, load up on veggies!
- Gluten Free: ** Use a gluten free pita
- Dairy Free: ** Use a dairy-free cheese or remove cheese and add more veggies, season with herbs if desired!
By the Gouda Life for Arlene Dickinson
Cookin' Greens http://cookingreens.com/