It’s that time of year again and you know you will be having Turkey tonight… and the next night, and the next… looking for a creative way to use up your turkey leftovers? – try our turkey pot pie recipe seasoned with thyme and garlic and a Cookin’ Greens veggie mix of your choice.
Cookin’ Greens Turkey Pot Pie
- 1 cup (100g) Cookin’ Greens Chopped Kale or Spinach
- 1 pkg. defrosted puff pastry
- 2 cups (10 oz) diced cooked Turkey
- 2 peeled, diced potatoes
- 1 celery rib (50g), cubed
- 1 carrot (50g), peeled, diced
- 1 cup each frozen peas and corn
- 1 green pepper (100g), seeded, diced
- 1 leek, (50g) washed, sliced into rings
- 1 tsp. (5ml) each thyme, garlic powder, salt and black pepper
- 1-2 tbsp. (15-30ml) flour
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) EVOO
- 1 cup (250ml) leftover gravy or broth
- 1 cup (250ml) unsweetened dairy free soy or almond milk (milk, evaporated milk or 15% milk ) can be used
- sesame seeds for sprinkling
- In a preheated skillet add oil then leeks. Sauté on med. heat to soften. Add the remaining veggies except the frozen veggies. Stir occasionally to soften all veggies.
- Sprinkle with flour stir to cook through. Add broth, continue stirring to thicken. Pour in milk, herbs and spices.
- When mixture thickens slightly, add frozen veggies. Stir to coat and turn heat off. Mix in turkey and set aside to cool to room temp.
- Roll pastry to a 1/4″ thickness and large enough to cut out 4 circles large enough to cover your vessels.
- Spoon generous portions into ovenproof dishes. Stretch dough over opening of dish. Brush with extra milk and sprinkle with seeds.
- Bake in preheated 375 ° oven on a baking sheet until lightly golden brown, approx. 40-45 min.
- Low Calorie: **Load up on veggies, use less cheese
- Dairy Free:
- Gluten Free: ** Use gluten free flour and gravy/broth
Cookin' Greens http://cookingreens.com/