This Meatloaf recipe is a oldie but goodie. It consists of ground meat mixed with bread crumbs and other ingredients for lots of flavour -spices, onion, garlic, celery and kale. Once set into a baking dish and cooked it develops its loaf shape which makes it easy to slice and share.
Cookin' Greens Turkey Meatloaf with Chopped Kale
- 1 1/2 cups (150g) Cookin’ Greens Chopped Kale
- 1 1/2 pounds (680g) ground turkey
- ½ cup (125ml) minced onion
- 1 cup (250ml) bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- ½ cup (125ml) thinly sliced celery
- 3 tbsp. (45ml) chopped parsley
- 1 tsp (5ml) minced garlic
- ¼ cup (60ml) milk
- ½ tsp (2ml) dried basil and oregano
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) Dijon mustard
- ½ cup (125ml) grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F. Oil a loaf pan.
- In a medium size bowl, mix turkey, onion, bread crumbs, egg, celery and parsley.
- Cook Cookin’ Greens Kale until heated through.
- Add kale to bowl. Stir. Add garlic, milk, salt, pepper, basil, and oregano. Mix together in a bowl.
- Pat mixture into oiled loaf pan.
- Spread top with a thin layer of Dijon mustard and bake for 45 minutes.
- Allow to stand for 10 minutes. Serve with grated cheddar cheese.
- Gluten Free : Use gluten free bread crumbs
- Low Calorie : Use extra lean ground turkey
- Dairy Free : Remove cheese, load up on veggies and add herbs if desired
Cookin' Greens http://cookingreens.com/