Cookin' Greens Savory Pancakes
- 1 cup (100g) Cookin’ Greens Chopped Kale or Chopped Spinach
- ¼ cup medium tofu
- ½ cup chickpeas
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp (30ml) lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove (1 tsp), crushed
- 1 tbsp (15ml) shallots, chopped
- 1 tsp (5ml) coriander
- 1 tsp (5ml) cumin
- 1 cup (250g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250ml) non-dairy milk
- 3 tsp (15ml) baking soda
- Add tofu, lemon juice, shallots and garlic into a food processor and blend until creamy.
- Add chickpeas and kale and pulse until chickpeas look chopped, but not pureed.
- Mix in coriander and cumin.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, milk and baking powder until well combined.
- Add kale mixture into flour mixture and combine.
- Mix in diced tomatoes.
- Heat olive oil on pan and spoon batter onto pan in 3-inch rounds.
- Flip once bubbles appear on the surface of the batter.
- Cook on the other side for about 4 minutes.
- Let cool for 2 minutes before serving.
- Gluten Free : Use gluten free flour
- Low Calorie
- Dairy Free
Adapted from Bryn Ferguson
Cookin' Greens http://cookingreens.com/