A wonderful winter salad to enjoy by the bowl full. This delicious dish has tangy citrus notes balanced by the sweetness of the dates and the greens. The earthy sage perfectly finishes the sensory journey.
Cookin' Greens Citrus Kale, Butternut Squash Quinoa Power Bowl
- 1 bag (300g) of Cookin' Greens Chopped Kale, Butternut Squash & Quinoa Blend (frozen)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup whole dried dates (or any dried fruit), chopped
- 1 tbsp dried or fresh sage, chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, crushed
- 1 orange or half a pink grapefruit, peeled & segmented
- 1/2 cup roasted salted almonds, whole
- 1-2 limes, juiced
- Salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, from frozen, add Cookin’ Greens Chopped Kale, Butternut Squash & Quinoa Blend and follow stove-top preparation instructions on package. Set aside to cool.
- Chop onion, garlic, figs, and sage.
- Segment orange or grapefruit.
- To assemble, combine add all prepared ingredients to sautéed Cookin’ Greens, then dress with olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Low Calorie
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Cookin' Greens http://cookingreens.com/