This recipe make 2 large wraps to serve 2-4 people or can be cut in smaller pieces to serve as an appetizer. Use whole wheat or multigrain tortillas as a healthy choice or enjoy half a wrap served with a side salad.
Cookin' Greens Herbed Wrap
- 1 cup (100g) Cookin’ Greens Chopped Spinach, Kale or Athlete’s Mix
- 2 10” flour tortillas
- ¼ cup (60 mL) softened light cream cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh herbs (chives, parsley and basil)
- A dash of little milk
- ¼ cup (60 mL) roasted peppers, cut in thin strips
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Saute Cookin’ Greens in a pan until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool. Combine the cream cheese with fresh herbs and a little milk to make a spreading consistency but not too wet.
- Fill tortillas with Cookin' Greens and fresh herbs. Place the roasted pepper strips down the centre over the greens.
- Roll the tortilla tightly. Refrigerate for at least half an hour to set the filling.
- Gluten Free
- Low Calorie : Use low fat cream cheese
Cookin' Greens http://cookingreens.com/