This tortellini recipe is fast, delicious and simple with only a few ingredients, and all of the 4 food groups, you have yourself a complete meal.
Cookin’ Greens Herb Tortellini with Spinach, Turkey Sausage & Feta
- 2 ½ cups (250g) Cookin’ Greens Chopped Spinach
- 3 cups (750ml) cheese filled herb tortellini
- 4 tbsp (60ml) oil
- 2 extra lean tomato & basil turkey sausages, cooked as per manufacturer`s
- instructions & sliced 1/4” thick
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, 2 tsp (10ml), minced
- 1 tbsp (15ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ cups (375ml) tomato & basil pasta sauce, or your favourite pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup (125ml) low-fat feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook tortellini according to manufacturer’s instructions in a pot of salted water. Drain and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Set aside.
- Heat large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil, and sliced chicken sausage to pan. Cook, stirring frequently until sausage turns golden brown.
- Add diced onion and cook, stirring frequently until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil, and Cookin’ Greens Spinach to pan. Cook, stirring frequently for 5-6 minutes or until spinach is warm. Add red wine vinegar and stir to combine.
- Add tomato sauce to pan and stir until combined with spinach mixture, cooking until sauce begins to bubble. Add cooked tortellini to pan, toss thoroughly to coat, and heat until tortellini is hot throughout. Season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Divide evenly among 4 bowls, and top each serving with crumbled cheese.
- Serve immediately!
- Low Calorie: **Use lean sausage, less sausage or make ir vegetarian. Add less cheese and load up on veggies
- Gluten Free: ** Use a gluten free pasta noodles, check label on sausage to ensure they are gluten free
- Dairy Free: ** Remove feta cheese
- Vegetarian: ** Remove sausage
Cookin' Greens http://cookingreens.com/