Get your cooking inspiration from the outdoors, fashion or even a children’s book- Our Green Eggs and Ham recipe can be used as a gourmet breakfast treat or even as an appetizer!
The seasoned creamy filling adds the perfect touch of decadence and the greens add the nutrition and crunch.
Cookin’ Greens Green Eggs & Ham with Chopped Spinach
- 1 cup (100g) of Cookin’ Greens Chopped Spinach (cooked & chilled)
- 24 hard-boiled eggs (medium or large- takes about 7minutes to hard boil eggs)
- ½ cup (125 ml) low-fat mayonnaise
- ½ cup (125 ml) low-fat cream cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) cayenne pepper
- 2 slices (12 g) pancetta, cooked until crisp and broken into 1/2” pieces
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) finely chopped chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Using a thin paring knife, cut eggs in half lengthwise.
- Carefully remove yolks and place into a mixing bowl.
- Mash with a fork until as smooth as possible. Set aside.
- Arrange whites cut side up onto a parchment lined tray,
- cover, and refrigerate until needed.
- For the Filling: add Cookin’ Greens – Chopped Spinach, mayonnaise,
- cream cheese, and Dijon mustard to the bowl of a food
- processor. Puree until combined thoroughly.
- Add mashed egg yolks, cayenne pepper, salt, and black
- pepper to spinach mixture, and pulse until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour to chill.
- Low Calorie: ** Use a light mayo, light cream cheese and enjoy 1-half egg
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free: ** Remove cream cheese or add a dairy-free cheese
- Vegetarian: ** Remove ham
Cookin' Greens http://cookingreens.com/