Cookin’ Greens Chicken or Turkey Spanakopita Burgers
- 1 cup (250g) Cookin’ Greens Chopped Spinach or Chopped Spinach and Chopped Kale blend
- 1 tbsp (15ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15ml) unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves (2 tsp)
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 tsp (5ml) dried oregano
- ¼ lb (115g) feta crumbles
- 500-600g of ground chicken or turkey
- 1 tbsp (15ml) grill seasoning, such as McCormick’s Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and butter. When the butter melts, add the garlic and all of the onions and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the Cookin’ Greens Chopped Spinach (from frozen) and sauté for 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- Once cool, season the spinach mixture with oregano and add feta crumbles, then the chicken or turkey, grill seasoning and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Mix well and then divide into 4 sections to form 4 patties, 1 inch thick.
- Cook in pan over medium high heat, or BBQ, for 6 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 180 F.
- Gluten Free
- Low Calorie : Use extra lean ground turkey
- Dairy Free : Remove cheese, load up on veggies and add herbs if desired
Cookin' Greens http://cookingreens.com/