Great for entertaining as these stuffed chicken breasts are a crowd pleaser.
Get creative and add your own favourites in the filling- I like adding cranberries and chopped pecans!
Cookin’ Greens Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Spinach & Goat Cheese
- 1 ½ cups (150g) any Cookin’ Greens product
- 2 tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 2 large cloves of garlic, 2 tsp (10ml), minced
- ½ cup (125ml) chicken stock or water
- ½ tsp (2ml) nutmeg
- 4 oz (125ml) fresh goat cheese, at room temperature
- 6 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook gently for 2 minutes, being careful not to let it color. Add the stock and the spinach. Cook until warmed through. Add nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper.
- When cool, transfer to a mixing bowl and gently combine with the goat cheese and parmesan. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Cover the chicken breasts, 1 at a time, between two
- pieces of waxed and gently pound to a thickness of 1/2 inch. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lay each breast (what used to be) skin side down, in the center of a clean 12 x 18- or 20-inch piece of plastic wrap. Place one-sixth of the cooled prepared filling in the center of each breast.
- Fold the edges of the chicken breast up over the filling, and wrap bundle tightly in plastic wrap. Set aside and repeat with the other 5 breasts.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place wrapped breasts in refrigerator 1hour. Bake for 30 minutes or until juices run clear. For first 15 minutes, cover with a foil tent.
- Optional: brown chicken under broiler for final 2 minutes
- to add more colour to the breasts.
- Low Calorie: **Load up on veggies, use less cheese
- Gluten Free:
Cookin' Greens http://cookingreens.com/