A croquette is a fancy name for a fried potato patty – here we are adding canned salmon, and our Athlete’s Mix, giving it somewhat of a fish cake familiarity with our nutrient packed greens.
This recipe is paired with a creamy, water chestnut dressing.
Cookin' Greens Designer's Salmon & Potato Croquette
- 1 cup (100g) of any Cookin’ Greens product, we recommend the Athletes Mix
- 1 can (213g) salmon, drained and skin removed
- 1 1/2 cup (2-3 medium sized potatoes) grated and moisture squeezed out potato
- 1 cup (250ml) bread crumbs + extra for rolling croquettes in
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sour cream or original Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. (30ml) chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 grated onion
- 1 can (227g) water chestnuts, drained finely chopped
- 2 lg eggs
- 1 tsp thyme
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Salt & hot sauce to taste
- 1 whole roasted red pepper, seeded, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup thick Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup roasted and salted cashews
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- tsp hot sauce
- Cook Cookin' Greens according to package instructions.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, except the extra crumbs. Roll mixture in a ball or patty, using a tsp or large ice cream scoop depending on the size you want.ie: appetizer or lunch/dinner patty.
- Squeeze mixture together in a ball and roll into extra bread crumbs. Place in a preheated skillet with 1/2″ of oil in pan. Cook to a golden brown on both sides.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20min in a preheated 350F.
- To make the Creamy Romesco Dip, place nuts and garlic into a food processor or blender. Grind to a fine crumb. Add the pepper and seasonings; continue to blend to a smooth consistency. Stir in the yogurt.
- Low Calorie: ** Use egg whites in the same volume instead of the whole egg
- Gluten Free: ** Use gluten free bread crumbs
- Vegetarian: ** Remove salmon and add extra Cookin' Greens to your potato mixture
Cookin' Greens http://cookingreens.com/