2 slices bacon, cut crosswise into ½ inch strips
(Can use Turkey Bacon)
½ small red onion, minced
1 medium garlic clove, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
½ teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
½ package or 250 g of frozen Cookin’ Greens
Sea salt and ground black pepper
- Cook bacon in pan over medium heat until crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate to drain, leaving bacon fat in pan.
- Raise heat to medium high. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook one minute longer.
- Add thyme and Cookin’ Greens (from frozen) and sauté for 10-12 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with reserved bacon and serve immediately.