Cookin’ Greens™ takes the fuss and muss out of buying greens that may have travelled hundreds of kilometres to reach a grocery store that then need washing and prepping before you even begin to cook. Instead, these ready-to-cook (Product of US) dark-leafy greens are farm picked and within six hours are double blanched, chopped and quick-frozen for your convenience, locking in all of their flavour and benefits. The result is vibrant and textured, improving upon the traditional, “frozen block” format (spinach) in favour of shredded, confetti-like glorious greens. Cookin’ Green’s™ 500g package will include many of your favourite dark-leafy options: chopped kale, rapini and spinch and a unique mix that includes chopped spinach, rapini, collards, yellow beans and onions.
Here’s what a bag or two of Cookin’ Greens™, paired with various other common pantry staples can do for you: We’ve created 3 pantry areas: dry, refrigerated and frozen (see below) so that you have many more options to draw from.
Note: All Cookin’ Greens™ MUST be cooked before being enjoying – follow preparations instructions on back of packaging.
From The Dry Pantry:
- Dry or fresh pasta such as rigatoni, penne, fettuccine, orzo or spaghetti, paired with your favourite pasta sauce (garden vegetable, organic primavera or creamy prosciutto with vodka for example), can be cooked with a couple of generous handfuls of Cookin’ Greens™. Dinner will be ready in no time.
- Vegetable broth made from bouillon cubes, Compliments™ rice, aromatics (onions, garlic, celery or carrots cooked in some olive oil) and your favorite Cookin’ Greens™ for a hearty, soul satisfying soup.
Ancient Grains, Pulses & Legumes
- Create a salad using lentils, rice (brown or wild), quinoa, bulgur wheat or barley, your favourite vegetables, crumbled feta, a splash of olive oil and lemon juice or red wine vinegar with some Cookin’ Greens™ of your choice and you’ve got a beautiful lunch plate. Serve hot or cold.
- Dress up a can of Beans in Tomato Sauce, chickpeas, romano or kidney beans with Cookin’ Greens™ a clove of garlic and your favourite chopped veggies for a more vibrant and delicious main course.
From The Chilled Pantry (The Refrigerator):
- Turn an omelette, frittata, gratin or scrambled eggs into the main attraction by adding Cookin’ Greens™ , your favourite cheese, cured sliced meats and veggies.
- Add any Cookin’ Greens™ product to your favourite Asian style stir fry – throw in a hit of oyster sauce or hoisin for full flavour.
- Cookin Greens™ Tacos – with Cookin’ Greens™ spinach, crumbled ground beef/pork, your favourite spices, hot sauce, and shredded cheese and veggies.
Cold or Warm Salads
- Take a new spin on Greek Salad using the Cookin’ Greens™ of your choice, olives, feta, cherry tomatoes dressed with vinaigrette. Serve warm or cold.
- Cookin’ Greens™ warm spinach salad/warm green salad with goat’s cheese, sliced strawberries, walnuts and a balsamic dressing.
Hand-Held Classics – Wraps, Panni Sandwiches & Sushi Rolls
- Hand held wraps on white/whole wheat flour tortillas, pita bread or panini sandwiches using olive oil, garlic and sea salt sautéed Cookin’ Greens™ along with your favourite fixings such as: cold cuts, cheeses, sliced or grilled vegetables, chicken or egg salad, tuna, curried vegetables, teriyaki beef, or falafel.
- Make your own Cookin’ Greens™ California rolls using brown or short grain white rice, Cookin’ Greens™ with avocado, surimi (processed crab), and flavoured mayonnaise.
Smoothies & Juicing
- Blended Cookin’ Greens™ Smoothies: Blend Cookin’ Greens™ Kale with fresh or frozen fruit such as bananas, strawberries, pears, blueberries, apples and chopped nuts for a deliciously healthy boost any time of day.
From The Frozen Pantry (The Freezer):
- Make your own Cookin’ Greens™ seafood salad with brown or short grain white rice, cooked frozen baby shrimp, and baby scallops, your choice of Cookin’ Greens™ & flavoured mayonnaise.
A Perfect Side Dish From Any Main
- Enjoy Cookin’ Greens™ as a wonderful side-dish prepared in the classic way- sautéed in a ribbon of olive oil, with sea salt, ground pepper and a splash of lemon juice with your favourite frozen entrée such as stuffed found at your local supermarket. (beef, lamb, pork, seafood, vegetarian, chicken –just about any entrée pairs perfectly with Cookin’ Greens™.
Cookin’ Greens™ Comfort Food Dishes
- Try making home-made chili, burgers, Sheppard’s pie, meat balls, pot-pies & tourtière using frozen ground beef, chicken or turkey by adding Cookin’ Greens™ and any combination of garlic, onion, fresh herbs, chili powder, hot sauce, beans and tomato sauce for home made, comforting meals.
- Add zip to your favourite casserole with Cookin’ Greens™. Take chicken cubes, Cookin’ Greens™ , broccoli, cubed potatoes and cream of mushroom soup, then top with shredded cheddar cheese and crispy fried onions for a hot dinner on the table
in no time.